Sunday, May 4, 2008

Let there be a blog!

Hi all!

As I take my first steps into the world of blogging, I just sit back and laugh at my procrastination. The idea of starting a blog came more than 2 years ago when I started writing a few reviews. However, like many of us, I too fell in the trap of 'perfecting' myself and acquiring more 'suitable' knowledge before leaping into the virtual world. I could not have been wronger! I'm almost at the same level (if not worse) or in the same position, which I was in then -- skeptical. However, I'm happy that suddenly something happened today and a voice came from inside to go for it. As they say, 'let there be light'. It said, 'let there be a blog'. And here it is. So, ladies and gentlemen, presenting before you the ruminations of a soul who has just started discovering the finer nuances of life -- each day.

The blog's title is an Italian saying -- 'Vive bene, spesso l'amore, di risata molto!’ which means 'Live well, love much, laugh often'. As you might have guessed, this blog is about life, love, joy, eating, drinking, travelling, people -- basically to fulfill the joie de vivre or a keen enjoyment of living (as my most convenient dictionary WordWeb tells me). This blog would also talk about the issues/topics governing our life -- without addressing them there can be no laughter or love.


As W. Somerset Maugham says, "The artist produces for the liberation of his soul. It is his nature to create as it is the nature of water to run down the hill". I'm no artist -- not yet. However, I would produce -- I would continue writing, telling anecdotes, addressing your attention to things close to my heart -- making you learn and in the process learning myself from the same. I expect the support from all of you to make this journey a success.

Keep reading!

3 comments:

8 by 52 said...

Your very first blog comment...Keep blogging! Keep rocking!!

AB said...

Let there be explosion of randomness from a frustrated MBA... for all the creatures of the commonplace and the slaves of the ordinary...

Oye chajj da likhin kuch..

RahulG said...

@ 8 by 52
Thank you very much.

@ insouciant
:)
Randomness galore, as you say!

Keep pouring such comments -- they make me smile and would make me write chajj da stuff.